Black Lives Matter activist knocks out Trump rally attendee

 Police have confirmed that a man in a Black Lives Matter shirt knocked out a supporter of President Donald Trump at a rally in Pittsfield, Massachusetts last Friday.

The incident occurred near the Allendale Shopping Plaza near Dalton Avenue and Cheshire Road where groups supportive of the president have been holding regular Trump rallies.

A video clip posted on Reddit shows the victim, wearing a red shirt and a tri-cornered hat, standing among supporters of the president who are wearing shirts with sayings like “Back the Blue.”

 The pair begin shoving each other and the Trump supporter’s hat goes flying as he falls to the ground, rolls onto his back and stops moving. The scuffle ends as the Trump supporter appears to be knocked out.  The video ends with people shouting expletives, and a “Trump 2020” flag waving in the breeze as others gather around him.

The video, titled “Fight at roadside Trump rally ends in knockout – Pittsfield, MA USA 9/5/20,” has garnered attention on social media since it was posted to the “Public Freakout” Reddit page three days ago, racking up 4,200 comments.

An off duty Pittsfield Police officer who was patrolling the area noticed the commotion and arrived first, said police Lt. Gary Traversa. Additional officers were dispatched at 4:21 p.m. to the vicinity of Kelly’s Diner on Dalton Avenue.

“Once patrol units arrived on scene Friday they remained, and no other problems occurred,” Traversa said.

No arrests were made and investigators “have no information that an arrestable offense occurred,” he noted.

The person who had fallen to the ground was transported to Berkshire Medical Center for what police believe were minor injuries, “as far as we know,” Traversa said. He noted the man was conscious and alert when he was transported.

Tensions between pro-Trump supporters and Black Lives Matter counter-protesters have led to several violent incidents and deaths.

Trump supporter and Patriot Prayer member Aaron J. Danielson was fatally shot in Portland, Oregon in August. A statement released by Portland police on August 29 read: “On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 8:46 p.m., Portland Police officers heard sounds of gunfire from the area of Southeast 3rd Avenue and Southwest Alder Street. They responded and located a victim with a gunshot wound to the chest. Medical responded and determined that the victim was deceased.”

 Murder suspect Michael F. Reinoehl, 48, was killed by law enforcement in Lacey, Washington, near Seattle last Thursday. A judge in Multnomah County, Oregon authorized a warrant for Reinoehl’s arrest on a charge of murder and the U.S. Marshals Service was part of the law enforcement team that attempted to arrest Reinoehl when shots were fired.

Police allege that Danielson was stalked and killed by Reinoehl, who was  a public supporter of the far-left-leaning militant group Antifa. He was observed in security footage ducking into a parking garage. He reached toward a pocket or pouch at his waist before emerging to follow Danielson, who was holding bear spray and an expandable baton and had a loaded Glock handgun in a holster at his waist, according to police.

Witnesses told police that just before they heard gunshots someone said something like, “wanna go,” as if challenging a fight. Danielson, 39, was shot in the chest and died at the scene.

Four days earlier 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse from Antioch, Illinois killed two men and wounded another man who were chasing him in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The incident occurred during violent protests that erupted after the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

 Video shows that one of the men who died had a skateboard, and prosecutors wrote that video indicated that a third man Rittenhouse wounded had a gun.

Kenosha County prosecutors have charged Rittenhouse with murder, first-degree reckless homicide and four other counts. Kyle Rittenhouse’s lawyers have argued that he clearly acted in self-defense.